The Razer Ouroboros was designed specially by our team of ergonomic scientists and engineers to create the most comfortable ambidextrous mouse. Extensive ergonomic research was conducted based on scientific studies from the Razer ergonomic scientists, industrial designers and by extensive testing and trials together with numerous feedback we’ve gathered from our pro-gamers and the community. Our ergonomists derived that there are essentially 3 key factors in an ambidextrous mouse.
- Customizable ergonomics to fit all hand sizes and grip-styles
- 8200dpi 4G Dual Sensor System
- Gaming-grade wireless technology with dock
- Razer Synapse 2.0 enabled
- 11 programmable Hyperesponse buttons
- 1000Hz Ultrapolling / 1ms response time
- Up to 200 inches per second / 50g acceleration
- Approximate Size: 122 mm to 137 mm / 4.80" to 5.39" (Length) x 71 mm / 2.80" (Width) x 42 mm / 1.65" (Height)
- Approximate Weight: 115 g / 0.25 lbs. (without battery) to 135 g / 0.29 lbs. (with battery)
- Battery life: (Approx) 12 hrs (continuous gaming)
- PC / Mac with USB port
- Windows® 7 / Windows Vista® / Windows® XP (32-bit)/ Mac OS X (v10.6-10.7 and above)
- Internet connection
- 100MB of free hard disk space
What is the difference between the 4G Dual Sensor System on the Razer Mamba / Imperator and this one?
The 4G Dual Sensor System is largely the same, both supporting surface calibration and customized cutoff. However the Razer Ouroboros supports up to 8200DPI instead of 6400DPI.
What are the two switches on the bottom of the mouse for?
The two switches on the bottom allows you to activates or lock the two side trigger buttons.
How do I extend the length of the mouse?
Press the button surrounding the dial on the back of the mouse, then push or pull the back panel. You should be able to hear and feel the movement increments.
How do I adjust the back arch?
Spin the dial on the back of the mouse counter clockwise to increase the angle, or clockwise to decrease the angle.
How do I change the side panels?
Just pull the side panels to remove, and line up the magnetic notches with the holes on the mouse to reattach them.
How do I change the batteries?
After the mouse back is pulled out to max length, the back plate slides off and the battery casing can be accessed from the pop up cap.
What kind of batteries do I use?
The Razer Ouroboros uses one regular AA battery. For rechargeable batteries, it uses NiMH (Nickle Metal Hydride).
How do I know my batteries are charging?
The battery charge bar will show a charging animation.
How much battery life can I get?
You can generally get 12hours of continual play on your Razer Ouroboros with a full charge.
Is the Razer Ouroboros backlighted?
Yes, it has green backlighting on the scroll wheel, under the side buttons, and the battery level.
How do I turn my mouse on / off?
Hold down both the DPI up/down buttons at the same time for 3 seconds.
How do I pair the mouse to the dock?
Press the pairing button on the dock, then hold down the 4 side (silver) buttons on the mouse for 5 seconds.